SAINT GEORGE MINISTRY
We have detailed below in this section some quotes that we have come across that we feel encapsulate the essence of what we believe as a ministry. We have credited the author of the quote accordingly.
We hope that you enjoy these quotes and we will add to them as more relevant quotes are discovered.
- “Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.”
- “Why should I not hate mine enemies―if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?”
- “When a Satanist commits a wrong, he realizes that is it natural to make a mistake―and if he is truly sorry about what he has done, he will learn from it and take care not to do the same thing again. If he is not honestly sorry about what he has done, and knows he will do the same thing over and over, he has no business confessing and asking forgiveness in the first place.”
- “Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!”
- “Satanism advocates practicing a modified form of the Golden Rule. Our interpretation of this rule is: "Do unto others as they do unto you"; because if you "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and they, in turn, treat you badly, it goes against human nature to continue to treat them with consideration. You should do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but if your courtesy is not returned, they should be treated with the wrath they deserve.”
- “If you do not believe in what your religion teaches, why continue to support a belief which is contradictory with your feelings. You would never vote for a person or issue you did not believe in, so why cast your ecclesiastical vote for a religion which is not consistent with your convictions? You have no right to complain about a political situation you have voted for or supported in any way- which includes sitting back and complacently agreeing with neighbours who approve the situation, just because you are too lazy or cowardly to speak your mind.”
- “Whenever a nation comes under a new form of government, the heroes of the past becomes the villains of the present. So it is with religion. The earliest Christians believed that the Pagan deities were devils, and to employ them was to use "black magic." Miraculous heavenly events they termed "white magic"; this was the sole distinction between the two. The old gods did not die, they fell into Hell and became devils. The bogey, goblin, or bugaboo used to frighten children is derived from the Slavonic "Bog" which means "god," as does Bhaga in Hindu”.
- “With any spiritual or metaphysical practice, you reap what you sow. In other words, the more time, energy, and dedication that you invest in developing and maintaining these practices, the greater your results will be.”
- I have learned a great deal from other Witches, Wiccans, Odinists, Voodoo and Hoodoo practitioners, Druids and many others who consider themselves Pagan. The one common thread is that every single person has been non judgmental. Isn't this what it's all about, acceptance? Are we not here to design our own spiritual path?"
- "I put a capital N on nature and call it my church."
- "The magic begins in you. Feel your own energy, and realize similar energy exists within the Earth, stones, plants, water, wind, fire, colours, and animals."
- “To be a vegetarian is to disagree - to disagree with the course of things today... starvation, cruelty - we must make a statement against these things. Vegetarianism is my statement. And I think it's a strong one.”
- My religion speaks of the old ways. It is the perfume of my night, the sanctity of my day."